BSVM carefully discerns with prospective applicants to determine whether or not an individual will be a good fit for the BSVM community.
- single men or women between the ages of 21 and 30
- recent college graduates
- in good physical and psychological health
- committed to the programs’ 5 pillars: Live Simply, Develop Community, Grow Spiritually, Learn Through Service with Others, and Practice God’s Justice
And are also:
- motivated by an open and giving spirit
- attracted to the mission and charism of the Congregation of Bon Secours
- interested in practicing justice by building relationships based in service
- open to reflecting upon the connection between service and spirituality
- willing to live in community with other volunteers and to live simply during the year of service.
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” –Buddha
Start your application here.