In October of 2009, the Sisters of Bon Secours met for congregation-wide meetings in Rome. At these meetings they reorganized from five provinces into one international province, which marked a new kind of beginning for the congregation. They also made a declaration to the Associates of Bon Secours, stating the importance and value of the Associate-Religious relationship. This declaration appears here.
The Sisters of Bon Secours of Paris gathered in General Chapter recognize and celebrate the presence of Bon Secours Associates in the various countries where we serve.
We believe there is a need to promote, affirm and encourage the participation of the laity in the Church’s mission.
We commit ourselves to walk humbly with our lay sisters and brothers – mutually sharing our vision of participating in the struggle for a more humane world. (Our Journey Document Commitment #4)
We desire to share our spirituality, charism and mission with those called to be Bon Secours Associates.
We commit ourselves to:
- Journey with our Associates to carry on our mission of compassion, healing and liberation.
- Provide formation to our Associates in the Bon Secours spirit, charism and values.
- Formally accept and celebrate the commitment of each Associate by promise for a specific time period or for life.
- Provide support, guidance and direction to the Associate Program in each country and to facilitate international exchange.
- Encourage the growth of the Associate Program in each of our countries.
May this Declaration be received by our Associates as an affirmation of recognition, support and gratitude.
Sisters of Bon Secours of Paris
Gathered in General Chapter